One thing you can depend on in life is that there will be change. Change, although usually seen as stressful, can actually help you get over some hurdles and move ahead powerfully with your life. Yet, instituting change can be quite challenging. How can you go about bringing a much-desired change to your life?
Use these strategies when you wish to alter your existence:
- Ensure you have a clear understanding of what you’d like to change about your life. Is it your job?Initiating or ending a relationship? Moving to a place that fits you better?Write down in a sentence or two what change you seek. Be specific.
- Know why you want the change.Being aware of your reasons for change will deepen your understanding of yourself and what you wish for your future. It can also help you tweak what it is you truly wish to accomplish. Having clarity now pays off later.
- Explore realistic options for how to bring on the change. What do you need to do to make it happen?
- Making a desired change often involves a step-by-step process rather than one big“jump.”
- Focus on making one change at a time.Concentrate your energies on only one task. This will increase your chances of being successful. When you see that you can achieve one change,you’ll gain confidence in making other changes.
- Find your confidence.When was the last time you did something you were really proud of? Gather yourself-assurance and ignite your efforts to begin making changes.
- Use positive self-talk. Tell yourself that you know you can create the life you want – one step at a time. Also, daily affirmations will help to empower your spirit by infusing with positive vibrations.
- Discuss your wishes with your significant other. It’s important that you discuss your desired changes with your partner and that both of you devise an agreeable plan to move forward together.
- Refuse to let anyone or anything stop you. When it comes to making an important life change, those around you might disagree with your decision to alter your life.
- Listen carefully to the opinions of your loved ones. Then, proceed ahead on your well-planned course, taking their ideas into consideration if you found them useful.
- Garner support. Surround yourself with supportive people who will provide encouragement to you in your quest for change. Join a support group or club with members who are interested in the change you’re working on. Group support can be incredibly powerful and rewarding.
- Find a great mentor. When you consult with others who have already achieved what you’re hoping to accomplish, it will galvanize you in your efforts to change. It’s wonderful to have direct contact with someone who’s done what you’re striving to do.
- For the fastest results, communicate with your mentor by e-mail or telephone.
Making changes in life can be taxing, yet very rewarding. When you discover that you can create the life you deserve by making some adjustments here and there, you can move closer toward your goals in life with greater passion and confidence. I know what is like to be challenged with the daunting task of making small and BIG changes in my life. I suffered from *low self-esteem from years of childhood abuse and living on the streets, and later when I built up my self-confidence, traveled the world and moved overseas, I had a relapse and was plagued with self-doubt and anxiety. I was overwhelmed and always stressed from a high-pressure job and lifestyle. The result? My weight almost doubled when I put on over 125 pounds in less than four years! I knew I needed to make changes to be the person that I wanted to be. Once it became clear WHY I wanted to change and I put my mind to it with laser-like focus, my WILLpower was unstoppable! My WHY + WILL = my WIN!
*you can find my story here Aspire to Your Greatness!
Make 2019 your breakthrough year! I would be happy to help you strategize an action plan of 1-3 steps to get you started with a free discovery call.