You spend time and money keeping your car in good shape, but what about your body? You do things for your children, but what about yourself? Why not spend some time, money, and effort on yourself? There’s a lot you can do to invest in yourself.
See how much more you can accomplish when you make yourself a priority!
Try these techniques to enrich your life by investing in you:
- Hire a personal trainer. Your health and fitness are important. Get an expert on your side. Many health clubs offer free personal training. Look for a gym with this service. If you have the financial resources, hiring the local expert can speed your progress.
- Hire a personal chef. A personal chef typically comes to your house once every two weeks and prepares two weeks of food at a time. The meals can accommodate any food preferences you have. It’s not a cheap service, but it’s less expensive than a private chef!
- Take a course. What interests you? You could take a class on Italian cuisine, calligraphy, floral arrangements, or a golf lesson. What would enrich your life? Try something adventurous, like skydiving or parasailing. Identify what would do the most for you and go do it. You might ask your mentor or manager for a few professional ideas such as a course in coding, change management, or digital strategy. It might give your career a boost and the added skills or great resume builders.
- Hire a personal coach. A personal coach can help you figure out what you want to do with your life and advise you on how to make it happen. A personal coach is a sounding board, friend, and an expert on life. Let someone advise you and hold you accountable. If this interests, please be sure to schedule a call so I can answer any of your questions about what does a coach really do?
- Make time for yourself. Everyone needs a break each day to enjoy life. Use this time however you please without any feelings of guilt. Watch TV or YouTube videos. Gossip with the neighbor. Enjoy an ice cream cone or read a trashy novel. Spending some time frivolously is important for your well-being. Just be sure not to spend too much time on frivolous pursuits, but enough to unwind.
- Do something to advance your career. You might work on your resume, brush up on your interviewing skills, or spend some time networking. Take a public speaking course. What do you need to take your career to the next level?
- Read something just for you. Anything you like. It might be something that helps you at work, with a hobby, or just provide entertainment. Make reading a regular habit. Reading is one thing most successful people have in common.
- See the doctor. It’s important to see the doctor at least once each year. An annual physical should not be overlooked. Neither should a mammogram if you are over the age of 40. Get a check-up and ensure your body is in good health. It’s a good idea to see the dentist too!
- Set a few goals. It’s important to be working toward something. What will that something be? Without a goal, you’re just waiting for something to happen. Choose what you want to happen in your life. Spend whatever time you need to create a few goals that will enhance your life.
- Travel at every opportunity. When we travel we allow ourselves to become immersed in the lives of people from other cultures and backgrounds. This allows us to become more open-minded, empathetic, and agreeable to others.
What can you do today to ensure a more prosperous future? Spend a small portion of your resources – time, money, or focus – on yourself each month. Make yourself a priority. You’ll enjoy the results.
If you would like to learn more about how investing in yourself will help you or have questions about coaching, let me now – just click HERE to schedule a quick FREE 30-minute session. No cost, no salesy pushing, no gimmicks—just real talk.